Mocktail recipe: Winter Rose
The Winter Rose by Bartender Emma McNicholas is a refreshing mocktail with a hint of sweetness that’s perfect for those partaking in Dry January.
You’ll need: a Boston shaker, a muddler, a Hawthorn strainer, a fine strainer and a rocks glass.
4 limes, sliced into quarters
5ml gomme syrup
Handful of mint leaves
25ml apple juice
12.5ml elderflower cordial
Fentiman’s rose lemonade
Garnish: mint sprig
– Chill the rocks glass by filling with crushed ice
– Muddle the limes with the gomme syrup
– Add all of the other ingredients except the rose lemonade and shake with cubed ice
– Discard the ice in the glass and add one large cube of ice
– Double strain the drink into the glass
– Top with the rose lemonade and garnish with a sprig of mint