Cocktail of the month: Rhubarb Sour
Showcasing one of our favourite local producers, Slingsby, Bartender Luke Anderson puts a seasonal twist on Gin Sour with their Yorkshire rhubarb gin.
You’ll need: a Boston shaker, a muddler, a Hawthorn strainer and a rocks glass.
4 muddled blackberries
20ml Slingsby Rhubarb gin
30ml crème de mûre
1/2 a lemon, juice only
1 egg white
Garnish: piece of rhubarb
– Muddle the blackberries in the shaker
– Add the gin, crème de mûre, gomme, lemon juice and the egg white and dry shake
– Add some crushed ice and shake the ingredients again until the tin frosts over
– Fill a rocks glass with crushed ice, and strain the cocktail into the glass
– Add a slice of rhubarb to garnish