Cocktail of the Month: Rosemary & mint mojito
With World Gin Day on Saturday 11 June, there was only one spirit we could choose for our very first Cocktail of the Month: gin. Head Bartender Alex Warren puts his own slant on the mojito – traditionally made with rum, this cocktail is perfect for summer.
You’ll need a 12oz highball glass, a bar spoon and a cocktail muddler.
2 wedges each of lime, orange and lemon
A handful of fresh mint
2 sprigs of rosemary
50ml Gin Mare (you can use your favourite gin)
Fever Tree tonic water
– In a 12oz highball glass, muddle the lime, orange and lemon wedges to release the juices.
– Add a handful of fresh mint and add the leaves from one of the rosemary sprigs.
– Add 50ml of Gin Mare – this gin is infused with herbs, so works perfectly with the fresh herbs in the drink.
– Add a scoop of crushed ice and mix.
– Top with more crushed ice and Fever Tree tonic water.
– Garnish with a sprig of rosemary.