Cocktail of the month: Acapulco Daiquiri
Bartender Joe Hancher takes us to Mexico for October with the Acapulco Daiquiri – a delicious cross between a Hemingway Daiquiri and a Margarita.
You’ll need: a Boston shaker, a Hawthorne strainer, fine strainer and a coupe glass.
25ml Grand Marnier
25ml Havana Club 3-year-old rum
12.5ml sugar syrup
25ml lime cordial
Half a lemon, juice only
25ml egg white
Garnish: orange twist
– Fill a coupe glass with crushed ice to chill
– Add the the ingredients to the shaker, and then dry shake to incorporate the egg white
– Fill the shaker with cubed ice and shake again until the tin frosts over
– Discard the crushed ice in the glass and double strain the cocktail
– Garnish with a orange twist