Cocktail of the Month: White Negroni
This month’s cocktail is a Negroni for those who don’t like Negronis. What do we mean? Well, for those not a fan of the bitterness of Campari, like Bartender Nick Wardell, then this version with Elderflower liqueur has just the right amount of sweetness to convert you.
You’ll need a Japanese mixing glass, bar spoon, strainer and a rocks glass.
40ml Tanqueray Gin
20ml Fiorente Elderflower liqueur
15ml Martini Extra Dry
Garnish: white grapefruit peel
– Fill a Japanese mixing glass to the top with ice.
– Add the gin, elderflower liqueur and vermouth.
– Stir with a bar spoon until the top of the ice meets the top of the liquid (this may take some time!)
– Strain over ice into a rocks glass.
– Add the peel of a white grapefruit to finish.